Welcome and thank you so much for helping us spread the word!
Here is some information to make sharing and content creation easier for you.
April 8-12th - The Bicycle Wrap Skirt debuts at One Spark Crowdfunding Festival in Jacksonville, FL.
May 2015 - National Bike Month
May 11th-15th - National Bike to Work week (more info here)
May 25th - Soft launch of our Bicycle Wrap Skirt KickStarter campaign via newsletter.
May 26th - Official launch of our KickStarter campaign.
June 25th - End campaign
August 31st - Production begins
September 31st - October 31st - Begin shipment of rewards
Here is the short link to our Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/1IXVCd7
Forest and Fin creates functional and screen-printed apparel that is inspired by the environment, sustainably made, and encourages people to spend more time outside.
Born out of founder, Lara Neece's love for art and the environment, Forest and Fin offers environmentally inspired screen-printed apparel, and is launching their first functional apparel item, a bicycle-friendly wrap skirt for women, this spring. With hidden fasteners to prevent fly-up and pockets to secure valuables, the Bicycle Wrap Skirt is versatile enough to wear to the office or the park and anywhere in between. Forest and Fin's screen-printed designs feature environmental elements (plants and animals), are printed with water-based non-toxic inks on 100% cotton products, and are packaged using recycled, reusable or biodegradable natural materials. After the Bicycle Wrap Skirt debuts in May of 2015, the company plans to expand it into a larger line of bicycle-friendly skirts, dresses, and other functional apparel all made with sustainable materials in the USA.
Inspired by the environment and three-and-a-half years living on a small sailboat, Lara Neece spent the last of her savings on screen-printing equipment, set up a print studio, and created her company Forest and Fin. An award-winning artist and self-taught graphic designer (take a look at her art here:www.laraneece.com), she designed and printed her first nature-inspired screen-printed apparel by hand using water-based inks and a manual press. When she's not in her studio or behind a sketchbook or easel, she likes to spend time outdoors experiencing the world and gathering inspiration for new work.
About the Bicycle Wrap Skirt:
With hidden fasteners to prevent fly-up and pockets to secure valuables, the Bicycle Wrap Skirt is designed to be versatile enough to wear to the office or the park and anywhere in between. It's made using high-quality, soft sustainable materials and sewn ethically in the USA.
- Fabric: Linen-cotton blend - machine washable
- Sizing: Petite, short, tall, and plus sizes available
- Style: Classic, high-waisted wrap design
- Features: Hidden fastening system, hidden pocket on hip, removable pouch on waistband, removable skirt straps for sides
- Color options: Natural (undyed), dip-dye indigo blue, solid indigo blue, dip-dye charcoal, and solid charcoal
We are launching with one style for now, but will be expanding our offerings to include a children's version and new styles (including a dress) with more colors and fabric options in the future.
- Ladies, it's official! A new bike-friendly skirt is on the streets! The Bicycle Wrap Skirt by @forestandfin.
- Hidden fasteners + pockets make biking a breeze with the Bicycle Wrap Skirt by @forestandfin! #bikefashion #bike
- The Bicycle Wrap Skirt by @ForestandFin makes biking a breeze w/ hidden fasteners to prevent flyup & pockets #bikechic
- Check out the latest bicycle-friendly skirt by @ForestandFin! It's sustainably made in the USA. #bikefashion
- Lara of @forestandfin, created a bicycle-friendly skirt for women with hidden fasteners to prevent fly-up while riding and pockets to secure valuables. It's called the Bicycle Wrap Skirt, and it's cute, versatile, durable, and sustainably made in the USA!
- Ladies, it's official - there is a new bicycle-friendly skirt on the streets. Check out the Bicycle Wrap Skirt by @forestandfin. And no it's not a skort. :)
- Lara of @forestandfin has created a bike-friendly sustainable wrap skirt with hidden fasteners to prevent fly-up and pockets to secure your valuables. It's perfect for biking & windy days, or even as a beach or yoga cover-up. She's sourced all sustainable materials, has a sew shop in NC lined up for production, and is getting ready for the first production run.
- Check out the latest bicycle-friendly skirt by @ForestandFin! It's made with sustainable materials in the USA.
For High Res downloadable images visit: Dropbox Press Images
More images available through my dropbox (see link above).
Designer aims to help people spend more time outside with a new line of functional sustainable apparel.
Forest and Fin wants to help women spend more time outside with their bikes.
Inspired by the environment and three years on a sailboat, Lara Neece is creating an American-made line of sustainable apparel.
The Bicycle Wrap Skirt is stylish, functional, and sustainably made in the USA.
The newest bike accessory works on and off your bike.
Savannah-based designer creates skirt to make biking a breeze.
Bike to work in style and comfort with the Bicycle Wrap Skirt.
No need for shorts underneath this stylish bike skirt!
Social Media Handles: